A couple of things.
1. If you’re curious about the poll, here is the current standing.
Thank you for those who have voted. I truly appreciate it. I must say the result is rather interesting. I actually thought that angst will at least gain more vote. To collect more data, I decided to keep the poll open until end of August, so if you haven’t voted, please feel free to do so.
2. After some consideration, I decided to use wordpress as my main site for all Candy Candy related posts, including those that are not related to fan fiction or fan art, and other general fandom/writing posts. Initially, I wanted to use tumblr, but the restriction to crosspost to wordpress from tumblr is rather aggravating. On the other hand, I can crosspost everything from wordpress to tumblr without any problem. So expect to see more posts from me soon, as I will transfer all my tumblr Candy Candy related posts here.
3. With the date of my blog’s one year anniversary approaching, I’ve been doing some thinking about what works, what doesn’t, and what needs to be improved. You might notice that I change the layout of the blog slightly. In the pages section you can find a list of all my stories, something similar to index, and I hope you will find this helpful when you’re looking for a specific story. The other change is related to updates. Whenever I post an update to an already posted chapter, I will highlight the post, meaning it will be in the front page, for a week or so. This way, if I update the chapter, as I sometimes do in small portion as oppose to whole, you’ll notice it right away. You can see this with the newest update of Ninety Days that I just posted today. If you have any other suggestion, please let me know.
4. Most of you may have already noticed that I’m putting all Dawson’s Creek stories on hold. This is because i simply don’t have the capacity to support two major fandoms. And the fact that I’m not a fan of the series anymore doesn’t help either. So for now, I’m just going to focus on Candy Candy fandom and maybe some original fictions. I hope you understand my decision.
5. I’ve been thinking about using my blog as my main writing spot. I keep hearing the advice that if you want to improve your writing, you need to write more and more and more. So I decided to put that into practice.
I actually wanted to do something like this since last year but it just never took off. Originally, I wanted this to be one big project, an ongoing story that I have to update daily. I guess that’s a bit too much for me to handle. This time though, I’m not going to put any restriction or limit. The goal is for me to write. That’s it.
And this isn’t another drabble series like AIWFC. This one is going to be random, not only Candy Candy related. It could be about anything in any written forms: dialogue excerpts from SIP and WIP, minific, prose, thoughts, etc, and I will tag it accordingly. Doing this exercise will force me to write daily. Even if I have nothing to write at all, I can always write about my struggle to write. That’s why I called this My Scribble Pad.
Lastly, if you have any suggestions, a topic, a plot, a word/phrase prompt, or anything, I welcome those too, I love challenges. 😀
6. I realize that the update has been slow in coming, and unfortunately I can’t say that it will get better anytime soon. I can only say that I will try my best to keep updating my stories.
With respect to the stories, my focus is still Ninety Days, and I’m happy to say that the story is progressing quite nicely, and we should be very close to the end now. As a matter of fact, if everything goes as planned, the next chapter after “Two Hearts” will be the final chapter. 😀
As for AIWFC drabbles, I will continue writing this as I find this project quite challenging yet enjoyable. But this will not be my priority.
Chasing William Andrew will be my main focus once Ninety Days is finished. I really do enjoy writing this one and working together with my co-author. I know some of you, who are Candy Candy fans, may find the story not as appealing. But please give it a try. The story barely begins. And since most of you like fluffy romance, this story will have that for sure, and drama and angst, and thrill, and suspense – but unfortunately not the historical setting.
Last but not least, it seems that my inspiration and motivation for It’s More Than a Fairy Tale are slowly coming back. So I may start writing this story again in the near future.
Phew. That’s a long list of items. Thank you once again for following my blog and reading my works. I truly appreciate your support and encouragement. And please let me know if you have any suggestion. 🙂